Water viscosity correlation is published by McCain in 1991.
Math and Physics
Example. Calculating water viscosity
Calculate water viscosity at 3176 psia and 165°F?
The solution is also available in the PVT software model at [The solution is available in the PVT calculator software model at www.pengtools.com
- = coefficients
- = pressure correction, res bbl/STB
- = water salinity or weight percent solids, %
- = pressure, psia
- = Temperature, °F
- = water viscosity, cP
- = water viscosity at 1 atm, cP
- Water bubble point pressure
- Water compressibility
- Water density
- Water formation volume factor
- Water salinity from density equation
- Water solids concentration
- Water viscosity
- Gas/Water Interfacial Tension
- McCain, W.D. Jr. (1991). . Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE-18571-PA).