sPipe is the simple surface pipeline sizing software in the pengtools.
sPipe calculates the pressure drop in oil, gas and water flowlines.
sPipe is available online at www.pengtools.com.
- Estimation of flowrate with defined pressures at inlet and outlet
- Estimation of inlet and outlet pressures for achieving target flowrate
- Selection of pipeline size
- Estimation of mixture velocity
- Plot of pressure profile vs length
- Result table with pressure, velocity and hold-up
- Sensitivity analysis
- Using prepared PVT models
- Account for elevation
- Save and share references to saved models with colleagues
- Last saved model on current computer and browser is automatically opened
- Choose between Metric units and US oilfield units.
- Save as image and print plot by means of chart context menu (button at the upper-right corner of chart)
- Download report in pdf format containing input parameters, calculated values and plot
- Select and copy results to Excel or other application
|Type of problem||Correlation||Reference|
|Oil, gas and water flow||Beggs and Brill||Brill, J.P. and Mukherjee, H. 1999. Multiphase Flow in Wells. SPE Monograph, Vol. 17, Society of Petroleum Engineers, Richardson, TX.|
|Dry gas flow||Fanning||Cullender, M.H. and Smith, R.V. 1956. Practical Solution of Gas-Flow Equations for Wells and Pipelines with Large Temperature Gradients. Trans., AIME 207: 281.|