Category: Enhancement List
Enhancement List is a workflow for identifying the performance gaps based on the Gap Analysis.
The workflow produces the Enhancement List which is a ranking of the Enhancements with the best on the top.
1. Current Performance
Enhancement List requires a lot of data been measured and processed and without an automated system a lot of manual work.
The minimum required data set is:
- Reservoirs and PVT
- Well Type (producer, injector, history of change)
- Well Operation Type (flowing, artificial list, history of change)
- Well Daily Measures (specifically flowing rates, fluid levels, pressures)
- Deviation Survey
- kh & JD
- Well Downhole Equipment
- Well Design
2. Production Potential
Production Potential is calculated:
WHP and WOP
- Wellhead Potential (WHP) - is the maximum rate that can be achieved with existing well equipment with no workover (Choke open, Speedup the ESP, etc).
- Workover Potential (WOP) - is the maximum rate that can be achieved with workover. The assumption is that the current skin will be mitigated with better completion during the workover. And the largest tubing practical that will fit in the current well bore will be used.
|Well Primary Fluid||Well Operating Type||Wellhead Potential (WHP)||Workover Potential (WOP)|
|Gas||Flowing|| Calculated with Nodal Analysis using the PQplot by setting the flowing wellhead pressure (FWHP) equal to the current flowing line pressure (FLP) at the well head.
Use the current value of JD.
| Calculated with Nodal Analysis using the PQplot by using the largest tubing practical that will fit in the current well bore with a FWHP equal to the current FLP. The largest tubing size is approximately the casing drift diameter minus the tubing coupling diameter > 0.5 inches for clearance (see Pipe Catalog).
|Oil||Flowing||Calculated the same way as for the Gas Flowing case||Calculated as absolute open flow (AOF).
|Oil||Artificial Lift (ESP, Rod Pump, PCP)||Calculated by setting the flowing bottomhole pressure (Pwf) equal to the fluid level at the pump depth.
Use the current value of JD.
|Calculated as absolute open flow (AOF).
Note: If WOP > all lift capacities thats good, must engineer a higher performance system.
3. Enhancement Opportunities and Execution
Then list of opportunities is ranked by production increments.
As a result, the Well Enhancement List is generated with the best candidate on the top.
The performance gaps are closed by executing the Enhancements.
The success is tracked by Enhancement Tracking workflow.
Enhancement List compiles the proven to work technologies into a practical management tool. It's implemented as a programing code of algorithms of the E&P Portal. The code can be set up in the company database or in the cloud so that Enhancement List will be automatically calculated on a daily basis. Such implementation allows management and engineers know and manage the Production Potential in real time.