Math and Physics
The Darcy's law can be written as:
- is the oil or gas production rate,
- is the Reservoir transmissibility and is given by the Mother Nature,
- is the Lift System Drawdawn which is set by the operational engineering practices,
- is the Completion System dimensionless productivity index which is set by the design engineering practices.
The rate is maximum then and are maximum.
The drawdown is:
The maximum drawdown is reached then the flowing bottomhole pressure, , so:
The maximum possible stimulated well potential for pseudo steady linear flow is:
The maximum possible stimulated well potential for steady state linear flow is:
Can Production Potential be achieved?
The ideal, of producing and recovering at potential, is rarely obtained in practice. Reasons for this vary from company to company, but more often than not, the reason is Production Potential is not known and therefore not managed.
Calculating the Production Potential opens the pathway to achieve potential.
- Wolcott, Don (2009). . Houston: Energy Tribune Publishing Inc.